Tour World Heritage Sites
Hannover, Celle, Alfeld und Goslar
Car, Rail, Bus, on foot, Bike
Experience three world heritage sites in Germany. The Chilehaus in Hamburg, the Fagus plant in Alfeld and the Rammelsberg mine in Goslar. But it’s not only these outstanding buildings that can be experienced on the route. In Celle you can trace the footsteps of Otto Haesler, whose Bauhaus-style estates and buildings have shaped the cityscape. On the Blumläger Feld estate, the Haesler Museum presents a slice of home life in the 1930s.
Building history in the state capital
• Travel to Hanover
• Architecture tour relating to historical architectural development in the state capital
• Afterwards: visit a Bauhaus special exhibition in one of the participating Hanover museums
• Optional visit to a music or theatre performance in Hanover
• Overnight stay in Hanover
Living in the Bauhaus
• Morning: travel to Celle
• Guided walking tour along the buildings of the architect Otto Haesler, with a visit to the Otto Haesler Museum
• Lunch in Celle
• Time for personal discoveries and explorations
• Return trip to Hanover
• Personal evening programme and overnight stay in Hanover
Living world heritage
• Morning: travel to Alfeld to the Fagus Factory UNESCO World Heritage Site
• Guided tour of the factory with insights into the production process
• Lunch in the Fagus Gropius Café
• Onward journey to Goslar
• Guided tour of the mine Rammelsberg (UNESCO World Heritage Site)
• Return travel
The tour recommendation outlined here cannot be booked as an package via the Bauhaus Cooperation Berlin Dessau Weimar or the state tourism agencies.
If you are interested in booking a group trip, you can send your request by e-mail to Project 2508: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact and service
If you wish to visit one of the federal states, you can obtain further information and advice from the state tourism agencies.